Friday, January 11, 2013

*Happy Holidays* 2012

This last month was tons of fun! The Christmas season is always one of my favorites! We spent loads of time with our families, always doing something exciting! Tara and Zack came from South Dakota to visit for a whole month! Camden was IN LOVE with them both! He had such a blast getting to know them a little better, and I did too! We spent a lot of time with them during their trip. We went shopping, out to all the restaurants that South Dakota lacks, and game nights consisting mostly of Settlers of Catan. Tara and Zack are good sports playing it over and over again, because Cody and I love it so much and only get the chance to play when they are here!

We took Tara and Zack snowboarding one night at Powder Mountain! It was my first riding since before I was pregnant with Camden. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it, since it'd been so long. I was especially nervous of getting off the lift, mostly because I had to prove to my husband that I actually knew what I was doing. Sure enough, it was like riding a bike, once you've learned, it's hard to forget! This was the first time Cody and I have ever boarded together! I think he was impressed with my mad skills... ;) We had such a blast! It was so much fun watching Cody, seeing him do all his sweet tricks, and just seeing how truly happy he is while riding! Like a kid on Christmas. I didn't think it was possible for me to be more attracted to Cody, but I was proved wrong...I have one sexy husband! I was however, reminded how badly out of shape I am. After just a few runs down the mountain I was exhausted. Shamefully I was the first one to call it quits. Tara and I waited for the boys to be ready in the lodge. Nothing warms you up like a steamy cup of hot chocolate! Nothing burns your tastes buds like it either. It was such a fun, cold, exhausting night! We all had a blast!

This year Christmas Eve with Cody's side of the family. After work, (Can you believe I had to work on Christmas Eve? Worst thing ever.) I met up with Cody and Camden at the Corrozza's. Tradition is to spend the day their eating appetizers until Mark's home-made pasta is ready for dinner! From the beginning Cody has always raved of Mark's pasta. I think I'll join in the raving as well, I love it. How handy is it to have a REAL Italian in the family making REAL Italian food? I wont complain! We did a White Elephant gift exchange and it's actually stuff you can use and actually want! Which is different from my family, who get silly things from the thrift store. (I love the different traditions between families!) We read from Luke the story of Christ's birth, which was a tradition that I really appreciated. What a great reminder of what Christmas is really all about! Kyle, Valerie, and baby Parker came for the Holidays! Camden and Parker are just one month apart! It was cute to see them together, although they really didn't do much interacting! Parker is such a little stud, and his personality is so fun! While taking pictures he would pull the cutest little squishy face because of the camera flash! As soon as he saw the camera he'd pull faces! Babies are so smart! I'm sure when the boys are older they'll be great friends! If only they lived closer! We finished the night with a puzzle, and I learned that I am terrible at them...



We decided that we would sleep over at Cody's parent's house on Christmas Eve so that we could wake up early to open presents with them, since we'd be spending Christmas Day with my family!
Everyone was excited to spend time with Camden on his first Christmas! Boy, was he spoiled. Spoiled rotten. We woke up Christmas morning and started opening our gifts right away. I didn't really think Camden would get the concept of opening presents yet, because he was still so little. I was surprised at how excited he actually was with everything! Camden loved all the gifts he was given by Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt's and Uncles. But he really wasn't the only one spoiled, Cody and I were given way more than we deserved! We are so thankful! We had to skip out before breakfast, which I know Cody wasn't too happy about, since Kim's Christmas Breakfast is his most favorite thing about Christmas. But we headed to my folks to eat breakfast with them. Cody still got his fair share of bacon...nobody worry! Every Christmas growing up my brother and I were allowed to grab our stockings first. I think when we were little this gave my parents at least a couple of minutes to wake up before all of the chaos of Christmas begins. Smart. Stockings were always one of my favorite parts. A sock filled with candy, knick-knacks, Slim Jims, and of coarse an orange at the bottom...can it get much better? Although I was extremely disappointed to not get perfume in my stocking...for the second year in a row. I don't know what Santa was thinking... We arrived at my parents house and all grabbed our stockings to find what was inside. Camden enjoyed sticking everything we pulled out and sticking it directly into his mouth. He already knows the yummy stuff is in the stocking! This year we had a new addition to our Christmas. My brother brought his girlfriend Kazee. It was very sweet to see the responsible gentleman that my baby brother has grown to be. Not that it's surprising, he may be a little rough around the edges, but he's mostly just a big softy. I love that he has found someone to love, and that that someone is able to handle the craziness of our family! My grandma and Papa showed up not too long after we did. For Christmas every year Papa makes deviled eggs and Grandma makes home-made lasagna. Both are my all time favorite! (Clearly my food obsession is at an all time high during the holidays.) We spent most of the day relaxing. We watched the movie Pitch Perfect that Santa brought for me! This year was a little quieter than usual, but I'm sure it'll be the last of quiet when Camden and who knows who else will be screaming, and laughing, and running around in years to come. We'll enjoy it while it lasts! Christmas was a blast! I love getting the opportunity to just be with family and make some great memories!
New Years Eve was spent at home with some friends! We played the Newlywed Game, Cody and I definitely lost. Obviously we don't know each other well enough! Haha! It was a lot of fun! We made our favorite soup, Zupa Tuscana! We had good food with good friends! It was an amazing way to start the new year! Bring on 2013!

I have loved the year 2012. I was blessed with my beautiful baby boy. Who has taught me so much about loving someone so unconditionally. I am blessed to be his mommy. I have learned how impatient and over-dramatic I really am when things don't run as smoothly as I had planned, but with a baby I don't think my life will ever run smoothly again. Patients is something I'll just have to learn along the way. I sure do love my sweet little boy. This year I have seen how short life really is, and to keep your loved ones close and remind them over and over again how much you love them. I lost my Grandpa Jay in January, and although I'm well aware he can still hear me when I say it, I wish I could tell him in person how great of a grandpa he was. How my memories of him are all happy ones that make me smile and laugh. How much I appreciate the example he was to my dad, because I know that's the reason why Camden is blessed with an amazing grandpa too. I am grateful for my family. Every single one of them!
Love and miss you Grandpa Jay.

 ************************


 We had a great year! I'm sad it's already all over!
Hope everyone else had a MERRY CHRISTMAS
From, The Wayment's!




No comments:

Post a Comment