Thursday, December 13, 2012

Major Re-cap!

I am well aware that it's been way too long. I've sat down at least 3 times trying to write, but so much has happened I just haven't been mentally prepared to blog about it! For the few people who follow my blog and have been waiting for a post (Cody)...here ya go!

We are now into December. Yesterday, my baby turned 9 months old. He is such a fun little dude. He is laughing, crawling, clapping, banging things together to make noise, climbing stairs, and the list goes on. He took his first steps on December 5, 2012. It was bittersweet. I can't believe how mobile and wiggly this kid is, he is always on a mission to get anywhere but here. How is he so big? He loves to walk, for an early Christmas present we got him a toy walker, just like the one as Grandma and Grandpa Wayment's. He cruises, forget walking...he's running! He loves it!
   
Camden has continued to eat solid foods and has loved it! We haven't run into anymore allergy problems, which is such a relief. At his nine month well visit, Doctor Evans told us that we can start introducing meats into his diet and also try weening him off of the Elecare formula. We will now be trying Similac Alimentum and then eventually cow's milk formula (the less expensive stuff which we like :)). The doctor also says that we have a healthy baby boy, and that I am doing a great job as a mommy! I'll take that compliment! :) I am really impressed with Camden's pediatrician. I am such a worrier, and he makes me feel so calm about all of my worries. Here are Camden's stats as of 12/13/12:
Height: 27.5" (24%)
Weight: 17.3 lbs. (5%)
Head Circumference: 17" (4%)

He's a little guy, but healthy as a horse!

We are finally all settled into our new apartment, although I still have a few boxes left to unpack. We are loving our new home. It's not much different, but the little things that are different made it worth the move! I think Camden might like the new tile floor more than I do, who knew dragging and pushing things around on it could be so fun?! 

We dressed Camden up for Halloween as a dragon. He was so dang cute! Grandma Wayment bought him the outfit and we decided to take the dragon theme to the family level. Cody and I dressed up as Hikkup and Astrid from the movie "How to Train Your Dragon". It just so happens that this is one of Cody's favorite movies. So he was excited to dress up this year and even wore a girl's vest I found at the D.I. (Our local thrift store). Our friends Michael and Lauryn through a Halloween party again this year, so we sported our family costume there! We played games and ate lots of yummy treats! It was a blast! On Halloween night we went over to my parents house! Growing up my mom always made chili with cornbread, and pumpkin cookies for us to eat before we went out trick-r-treating, we've continued this tradition although we haven't gone trick-r-treating for awhile! So we stopped by their house to show off Camden's costume and eat some yummy food! Kim and Ilene made it there too, everyone loved to see Camden dressed up. We even took him to a few houses to show him off, it's never too early to start trick-r-treating right?
On November 16-18 Cody and I went on a weekend getaway to St. George! We were lucky enough to get to borrow Cody's Aunt Teri's condo again, (the one we stayed at for our honeymoon) which is so perfect! We took it easy for most of the weekend! It was the longest we'd ever left Camden, so it was a little stressful, but mostly just relaxing! We watched movies, went to an amazing sushi dinner, went to the temple and took a bike ride! We had such a great time! I love getting to spend time with Cody, I still get so excited to just be with him. We are just so in love... ;) My parents watched Cam while we took our mini vacation. I think they had a great time too! It was so sweet to come home to our little man reaching his arms up for us when he saw we were there! I think he missed us as much as we missed him!

Thanksgiving this year was spent with my side of the family. It was quiet and low key, but I loved it! Now that my mom has a grand-baby, she has been excited to start up new family traditions. I am loving this idea! Spending time with family, eating food, playing games, and doing random activities are what I think make the holidays so special! This year we made little turkeys out of apples, candy, popcorn, marshmellows, and lots more! We even got Papa and my dad to participate, and we even got them to play Apples to Apples, a fun family card game! 
  They turned out so cute! Don't you think? 
 We went over to Cody's parents house for dessert! Even though I was stuffed from dinner I did manage to eat a piece of pumpkin pie (my favorite) and try a little piece of Mark's "Shoo Fly Pie."  We played some games and looked through the Black Friday adds, because yes, I had to prepare myself for my very first Black Friday extravaganza! Kaylee (my new sister-in-law) and I started with Target at 9:00pm Thanksgiving night! We waited in line outside the store for about 30 minutes. The line twisted all the way around the building to the very back! It was insane! I could not believe how many psycho's were out waiting to catch some awesome deals...and I couldn't believe that I'd become one of them! Kaylee and I had a good time talking and getting to know each other a little better and even more fun trying to fight the crowd to go look at all the bedding and appliances that were on sale! We made it out quickly and prepared ourselves for the real event... KOHLS. We met back up with our mother-in-law, Ilene, and headed to Kohls, where we did actually find some killer deals! We waited in the check-out line for more than an hour. I learned that Ilene, like me, can make a friend with anyone! We chatted with the people in line around us, and had a good time pushing all of our things because there were no carts! We may have gotten a little carried away! The craziness of Black Friday did really put me in the Christmas Spirit! I was so excited about the toy I bought for Camden that I couldn't even wait for Christmas Day to give it to him! I got home around 3 in the morning, but it was worth it! It was a perfect Thanksgiving!
 Yesterday Cody's brother Chad got married! It was such a special day! I was so glad that I got to be a part of it! Chad and Kaylee were sealed in the Logan temple! It may have been FREEZING cold, but at least it didn't snow. It was a beautiful temple and a beautiful ceremony! I love the drive to Logan (even though Tara's driving is a little scary...;)), I don't get to make it up there very often, but I was glad for the excuse! Kaylee looked great in her wedding dress, and I loved that you could see how in love they were! I wish I could go back to my wedding day sometimes, it was one of the best days of my life. I hope they both felt that same way! We went to Maddox for luncheon and ate some delicious food. I was already stuffed from our pit-stop at Firehouse Pizzeria, but I still shoveled in the rolls, halibut, and salad! So good! The reception was gorgeous, with more yummy cupcakes and treats. Camden had fun visiting with all the family while he was there! Aunt Tara and Uncle Zack came for the wedding, and Camden just loves them! It was such a fun day!


CONGRATULATIONS CHAD AND KAYLEE! :)


I'm sure I've missed so much.. but for now, this will have to do! Life couldn't get much better!
What else we've been up to:





JAZZ GAME!

 



Camden's first snow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey my drivings not that bad.... at least i'm not as bad as some other members of my family ;)

    ReplyDelete