Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Have a Four Month Old!

Can you believe it?
I hardly can. The Cam Man is FOUR MONTHS OLD!
It's a little strange, some days I can barely remember my life without having my sweet little baby in it. Other days I am still amazed that I have a baby! I have mixed emotions about him getting older and bigger! I am so excited for what's to come. I can't wait until he is able to sit up, start to crawl, and for him to say his first word. But I just love how little and sweet he is now. I just know that soon he's going to be on the move, and he is never going to want to just sit and cuddle with Mommy. It really is so fun to watch him grow. Every day he is learning something new. I'm astonished at how quickly he can pick things up.

This month he has really figured out how to use those little fingers of his. He grabs and reaches for everything. Toys are a must now, anywhere we go. It's funny how he already has such strong opinions on which toys he likes and dislikes. Four months old and he is already making his own decisions.

His wiggles have turned into rolls. He has rolled from belly to back a few times now, and it is really so exciting! I don't think it will take long for him to start to crawl. Although he still doesn't love tummy time all that much. The first time he rolled over was really exciting. We were just hanging out with the family and Joan and Jay's house (Cody's aunt and uncle), Camden and I were sitting on the floor and I had him on his tummy. I was telling everyone how Camden still hadn't rolled over, and that he really hated being on his tummy. I think he really had the urge to prove me wrong, because right then he rolled over! Everyone was thrilled! It was quite the performance! (July 7, 2012)

His giggles and smiles are my favorite. It just melts my heart! He loves to talk and laugh. His high pitched giggle can make anyone smile. He is a lot more interactive, so it makes things much more entertaining. He plays with his toys and sits in his Bumbo, he isn't really a huge fan of his swing anymore. He is starting to mimic noises, and Peek-a-Boo is starting to be one of his favorite things. It's so fun to see his sweet personality starting show. I wonder who he is going to grow up into? I really hope that he is just like his dad.
 This month Cody's family came to visit. Tara and Zack Wilson (Cody's sister and her husband) came from South Dakota for the baby blessing. This was the first time Cam got to meet his Aunt Tara and Uncle Zack. I think he was a fan! We had such a blast hanging out with them while they were here, playing Settlers of Catan, watching fireworks, going to dinner. I really enjoyed getting to know them more! I LOVE HAVING A SISTER! Camden is lucky to have such an awesome Aunt and Uncle. Kyle and Valerie came to from Tennessee (Cody's cousins), they have a baby just one month younger than Camden. He was such a cute little baby! Because they were so young they didn't really interact, but it was still fun to have the babies together!
We spent Forth of July with both of our families this year. Earlier in the day we went over to Bill and Brook's to just hang out and do some celebrating. Some of my family friends came in from California. It was great to see them and catch up! Plus, I just love showing my baby off to anyone who hasn't met him yet! The boys played some basketball (with their shirts off..OWW OWW!), while the girls just talked and watched! In the evening we went to Joan and Jay's again, here we watched some fireworks out on the street. Aside from the screamers, Camden really loved them. The bright lights kept him entertained the whole time! On this night as Cody was playing with him Camden did the cutest biggest laugh. It was the cutest thing! It wasn't the first time he laughed, but it was the first big laugh, it came from the gut! It was adorable! I think Camden had a great first Indepence Day! It's always been one of my favorite holidays!
 HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Since our hospital stay in June, we moved Camden into his crib! No more sleeping in the swing in Mom and Dad's bedroom! He has been a champ! Some nights he cries a bit before falling asleep, but most of the time we just lay him down and he falls asleep on his own. It is a big accomplishment, but I am going to blame it on the fact that he is terrible at taking naps during the day, so by bedtime he is exhausted. We will have to start working on naptime, but I am still pretty proud that my four month old can sleep through the night in his own crib. (I am allowed to brag, I'm his mom!)

More family came into town this month to visit and meet Camden! My Uncle Brian, Aunt Juanita, and cousin Kendra. We mostly just relaxed and hung out with them. We did play some volleyball (in the rain), which was a lot of fun! They are from Vegas so they were enjoying the weather we were having! Camden loved his cousin Kendra, he just talked and talked to her every time they were together.  Uncle Brian gave Camden the nick-name Cam-shaft! I was so glad that they came to visit!
  This month was so fun! I loved watching Camden learn something new everyday. It's crazy to me that he can learn so quickly and how fast he can pick things up. I loved hanging out with family and getting to know them a little bit more! You all are amazing!





Camden snoozin' with his puppy.











Cody took me to a REAL game, it was so much fun. We ended the night with sushi, can it get any better? I love my man.  





 
4month pictures are coming soon!

2 comments: