Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Latest (PICTURE OVERLOAD)

This month has been filled with so many fun things to write about! I don't even really know where to start!

Camden turned FIVE months old! I am loving this age so much. His personality shows more and more every day. By his little mannerisms and attitude I can already tell that he is going to be a very independent boy. Smiles and giggles are a usual thing now, which doesn't make them any less cute! He's already sitting up, trying to crawl, and trying to get his hands on anything and everything (his favorite "toys" are always the things that aren't for babies... remote controls, cell phones, plastic wrappers, etc.). He's full of smiles and laughter and is very easily entertained. But when he is mad, he is MAD! My mom keeps telling me he's just like I was when i was a baby. Can five month old's really throw temper tantrums when they don't get what they want... already??? I can't help but laugh about it, he is definitely my child.

Like I mentioned before, Camden is sitting up. I'm loving it. It sure does make being a mommy a whole lot easier when you can just sit him on the ground with some toys and have him be content for hours! He's still a little wobbly and falls down from time to time, but everyday he gets stronger and stronger. Sitting in carts and highchairs is a huge plus, lugging in the carseat carrier everywhere I went was really starting to get old. Although that probably was the only form of exercise my arms have seen since before I was pregnant...I'll have to add arm work outs to my TO DO list. I think he loves being out of his car seat as much as I do. He loves just being part of the group, and looking around at all the cool things where ever we go. Trying to put him back in the car seat is a nightmare though. I'm not sure why he hates it so much, but he puts up the biggest stink, and it's embarrassing! By his screams, I'm sure people think I abuse my child... how nice.. but once he is in he does still enjoy car rides. They don't put him to sleep always, like they used to, but he has fun back in the back seat playing with toys and talking to himself. He talks more in the car than anywhere, I think he likes what the vibrations of the road does to his voice! I'm not sure, but it's stinkin' cute!
Cam sitting all by himself, such a big boy!








Grammy Tami and Grandpa took us to a BEE's game this month. The BEE's are Salt Lake City's triple A baseball team. We all had a lot of fun watching the game! Grandma bought Camden a baseball outfit and a cute BEE's onsie. Of coarse we had to get some hotdogs and a funnel cake, no baseball game would be complete without a hotdog! We love baseball! Grandpa is starting Camden out young, who knows, with him as a coach maybe Cam-Man can make it to the major leagues! :)
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for taking us!

My cousins, Daniel and Tomi, came in from California at the beginning of the month. They got to meet Camden and Eisley for the first time. It was a lot of fun while they were here. Camden LOVED Daniel. Daniel was always making him smile and laugh. The week they were here was a good one. Our second car broke down, so I really relied on my mom to be my ride everywhere, most mornings I just had her pick me up and I spent the day with her and my cousins.  While Tomi, Daniel and Brandon were here we went bowling, laser tagging, to Pineview Reservoir to swim and we made an attempt to ride the Alpine Slides in Park City, but failed because it started to rain the second we got all the way up there (which was a big bummer). We also went to another Bee's game! We decided this time to sit on the grass, even though it was unbelievably hot, I liked how relaxing it was to just lay on a blanket and watch the game! It made it a little more fun for Camden too, even though he still got scared when Grammy Tami cheered. I'm glad I got to spend some time with these crazy kids! It was a great week!
My Dad, me, Camden, and Daniel at Pineview
 Camden loves baseball!
All of us at the BEE's game
 Me and my handsome brother Bubba
The girls at Temple Square
On August 18th Cody and I celebrated our first Anniversary. I can honestly say it was the best day of my entire life. The perfect way to end an absolutely perfect year! For everyone anniversaries are special, but for us it was even more because we were able to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity in the Bountiful Temple. We had taken out our Endowments on the Thursday before and were so excited to finally be able to be sealed. It was a goal that we worked towards since our wedding day. It was exciting that we were able to do it on our actual anniversary one year later. It was beautiful and amazing. How lucky am I that I can be with my handsome husband and my sweet baby boy for eternity? They are my everything, can there be a better blessing than that? We had some of our friends and family there to support us! I'm glad we got to share our special day with all of them! After the temple we celebrated by going to Bandito's, our favorite Mexican restaurant. You can never go wrong with Bandito's!

My parents took Camden for the rest of the day so Cody and I could celebrate on our own! They took Camden to another BEE's game, while we went out for sushi! It was just our luck that on our anniversary we all got sick. So we decided that we were going to take it easy and just relax at home! I wasn't upset about that at all. I was glad that we would be taking advantage of a night without a baby. I thought maybe I would actually get to sleep without waking to Camden's little night whimpers, or just the pretend cries I often hear in my head (Is that a mom thing, or am I just crazy?). I thought wrong, I still woke up, and it was strange not having my baby there with me! He had fun, I'm sure, with Grammy and Grandpa but I don't know how I really feel about him being gone! Cody and I relaxed the next morning and then went on to do our usual Sunday routine, visiting our families! It really was the perfect weekend! Happy ONE Year Anniversary Cody, I love you so so much! I am really the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my husband. :)
 One of my favorite wedding pictures! I loved my wedding, BEST DAY EVER!
SUSHI! :)
This summer has been a blast. I am sad that it is already starting to cool down and the nights are coming faster. I do love fall, I'm excited for all of the trees on the mountain to start changing their pretty colors! I just wish time would slow down a little bit. My baby is growing too fast and I just don't want to miss anything along the way. Being a mommy is so fun, so rewarding. I can't imagine my life any differently. I am the happiest I have ever been!

As if I didn't already post enough, here are some more pictures for your enjoyment!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun month! Hey we also love Banditos!! We need to get together and go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, we are always down for some Banditos! We miss you guys! Let's plan a double!

      Delete