Monday, July 30, 2012

The Proposal!

It was one year ago that Cody proposed!! It's unbelievable how much can go on in just a short time! In one year my life completely changed, for the better! I am so blessed that Cody picked me to share the rest of his life with. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

I thought for this post I'd go into a little more detail on how our proposal went, since my very first post was such a brief explanation of one of the happiest days of my life! I hope you enjoy some cheese, because there probably will be a lot! :)

We had already gone ring shopping, so I knew it couldn't take long for him to ask. I remember hearing the sales lady tell Cody that it would be ready to pick up that Wednesday, so naturally I assumed that he would immediately propose the second he got the ring. I was only slightly disappointed when he didn't. Didn't he know that I was so excited I could barely stand it??! The next day Cody came and picked me up after he had gotten off of work. We decided to try the Mandrin for dinner, a Chinese restaurant that everyone always loves. (It was quite delicious!) I wasn't sure what Cody's plans were. Was he going to propose in the restaurant? I honestly don't know how I was able to hold a conversation. The only thing on my mind was, well, you know...
"AM I GOING TO GET THAT SPARKLY RING TODAY OR NOT!?"
We made it through dinner. As we were leaving Cody said that he wanted to go up on the mountain and watch the sunset, he had brought his camera and wanted to take some pictures. (I'm not sure why I decided to not wear something cuter, I should have dressed my best everyday until he actually proposed, I am so upset at was I was wearing.) He brought the tri-pod so we were able to get some pictures of the both of us. The sunset was beautiful. One of the prettiest ones I've seen. Heavenly Father must have done that one purpose ;). Cody took lots of pictures, I wasn't enjoying him taking pictures of just me. Looking back now he was probably freaking out, taking his time with the pictures to really convince himself he was doing the right thing. It must be pretty stressful having to be the one to ask, even though he had to know I was going to say yes. After about 400 pictures, he must have gained enough courage. He put the timer on the camera, ran over, and got down on one knee. I can't remember all the cute things he said. I was so excited. I could barely hold back my tears. I could not stop kissing him, even though he wasn't done talking.. OOPS! He was so cute. I just remember thinking, wow, this is everything I hoped it would be. The feeling that I had was unreal. Every girl imagines this day from the time they are little playing house with their friends. My little girl expectations had been met. I remember Cody was shaking really bad, I asked him why he was so scared, he knew I was going to say yes. He told me, "Yeah, but you only propose once in your whole life." I loved knowing that this wasn't just a special day for me, but for him as well. I was so incredibly happy! It was such a perfect and beautiful day. One I'll never forget!

I am so glad that I have Cody. He really is my very best friend. I love everything about him. His smile and laugh. The way he whistles a different song than the one playing (usually a Christmas song). How he never leaves without saying "I love you", even if he's just going upstairs. I love how big of a goof he is, he can always make me laugh, but our conversations at times can be so deep and so personal, he always says the right things and gives the best advice.

I could go on and on and bore you all to tears. But I won't. I'll just finish by saying that I have the very best husband in the world. I am so lucky to be his.

1 comment:

  1. ooo my cute brother. we are so happy to have you in the family as well girl! i'm so happy he married you and you are such a wonderful person that i have really come to love!! cant wait till we live in the same state again!! :)

    ReplyDelete