Monday, January 28, 2013

Camden 10 Months!

These "Camden" updates get harder to write every month. Camden, like all babies, is growing too fast. Each month he learns so much and becomes so much smarter, it's hard to remember what day he did what, and all the things that I'm so crazy about wanting to remember! I don't want to forget anything!

We've hit a huge milestone since my last post...
CAMDEN IS WALKING!
 He's not just talking a few steps here and there, he is actually walking! It's the cutest thing in the world, he is so tiny and to watch him walk almost looks wrong! He's way too little to be running around!  He can't, quite yet, stand on his own, he still needs some sort of prop to help pull himself up. Once he's up, he's on the move! Every time he face-plants I have a miniature heart attach. I'm just glad he's so close to the ground, he's way more daring than he should be. At this point, I don't know if I'm loving our new tile floors as much as I used to.

Camden can say FOUR words now. Although Mama and Dada are his favorites, he can also say ball and Ka-Ka (Which is our word for "don't stick that in your mouth, it's gross.") Not surprising that he's picked up on that one, he'll find ANYTHING laying on the floor, and it immediately finds it's way to his mouth. (I swear, I sweep and vacuum at least once a day. How he finds anything is shocking.)



Camden loves to wave at anyone who walks by. He isn't afraid to smile and wave to strangers and is such a friendly kid. He is really willing to go to anyone who wants to hold him, although I think his Daddy is his favorite. Any time Cody walks into the room, Camden practically jumps out of your arms towards him. He's got the wave and smile down, but I've been trying for months to get him to blow kisses, and he's just not interested in learning that one.


Cody started his first semester at The University of Utah this year. I think he's pretty excited and I am extremely proud of him. We both can't wait until graduation. Now that he is at The U, it feels like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Cody's classes are hard and keep him busy. When he's not at work or school, he is home doing homework. We are both looking forward to him just coming home from work and just getting to relax and hangout with the family. Only two more years. Couldn't come fast enough.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I am very proud of his dedication to school and work. He is such a great provider for our family. I am a lucky wife.


We spent the weekend of the 5th with our friends, Carter and Debra, in St. George. We had a great time! We stayed in Carter's family condo and enjoyed a relaxing getaway. We tried to escape the cold and the snow, it was around 12 degrees at home that weekend and about 35-40 degrees in St. George. To us, it felt like spring! Even though Camden had the worst night he had had in months, we still had a great time! It took me by surprise, because Camden is usually such a good sleeper! I was not as patient as I would like to have been. Good thing I have Cody, who can function perfectly with only a few hours of sleep, he is always so helpful on stressful nights! Camden also decided that St. George would be a good place to poop in the tub...which Cody shoveled up... with his hands. Makes for a fun bath time!  I don't know if it was the four hour drive the day before or what...but I swear he was not my baby! He was such a grump!  We spent majority of our time lounging around the house watching comedy shows, football, and Arrested Development. We did go to Bucca di Beppo for dinner one night, which was amazing (even though the boys chose a spicy pasta dish that wasn't mine and Debra's favorite). We went to Orange Peel which is a smoothy place that Carter and Debra love! My smoothy was delicious, even with the random, weird tapioca balls sunk down at the bottom! They say it takes some getting used to, I'd rather just have a plain smoothy, but Cody loved them! We also went to the driving range to hit some golf balls. No surprise here.. I have no athletic abilities at all! I still had a great time! It was a short weekend, we all crammed ourselves into the Honda and headed home! Hopefully next time we can spend more time there! Thank you to the Wright's for inviting us! We love you guys! 


This month we also had a fun play date/girls day! It was fun to get all the babies together and watch them play! Hopefully being around more babies will teach Camden to share. He is so my child...it amazes me how much he is like me. I eventually did learn to share...so there is hope! ;) I love my friends! It was such a fun day! So many babies! Love it!





THANKS for stopping by! :)


1 comment:

  1. So Fun!! i love reading your blog! soon i wont have to hear about it all from here though ;) ps Sarah's baby looks just like Daniel!! weird! Love you miss you! cant believe he's 10 months!! CRAZY! next word he's say is Auntie, or Tara, :) :)

    ReplyDelete