Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Because we were in the hospital the weekend of Cody's birthday, I decided that on Thursday June 14,  I would do a little more celebrating since we didn't get much of a chance on the actual day.
(SIDE NOTE: I've always thought birthday's were such a fun and important holiday. They are a big deal, and should be treated as such! It's one whole day to celebrate just YOU! As a mom, I want each of my children to feel extra special on their birthday. Like the whole world revolves around them! For at least one day! Not that they aren't special everyday, but hey, why not go all out on the day just for you! I owe my views on birthdays to my mom. She always did such a great job. She made me feel important and loved.  We woke up to her "beautiful" singing, a birthday card always loaded with fun stickers or games. We got to spend the day with her, instead of going to school. How awesome is my mom?  We went to lunch, and to the store to pick out a present. Then dinner that night with the whole family, my choice. And of coarse, an ice cream cake from Baskin Robins. Even now that I am 22, I still feel like March 2nd is the best day of the year! Thanks Mom.)
That being said, I felt like I needed to make Cody's day a bit more special! This year he turned 24. I had an idea to buy 24 little gifts and tie them to 24 balloons. Buying the gifts was the easy part. Tying the balloons was the hard part. For some reason every time I buy Cody anything, I feel the need to buy him treats, food, and drinks. That's exactly what I did. (Can any of you wives out there think of 24 small gifts better than food?) Pizza, candy, fruit snacks, pop, all the good stuff. It was simple, but I think that he enjoyed it! 


Father's Day this year was very relaxed, even though it was Cody's first. (I blame myself.) Because I did his birthday only three days before, I ran out of momentum to make an all out Father's Day celebration. I feel guilty, because Father's Day is just as important, if not more important, than birthday's. Next year I'll have to make up for it. This year we played some baseball with my whole family, although I don't really get out on the field and play, I love playing baseball. I know my dad loves it too. (I'm not saying this because he's my dad but.. he totally could have been a pro baseball player, even at 40 he's got some serious talent!). My Grandma Fox and Papa came down from Ogden. Papa got to meet Camden for the first time. Camden wasn't too sure about him. I think Papa's beard tickled him Camden was not a fan of that! He was not a happy boy! I made home-made gifts for our dads, along with cards, I'm hoping they really liked them. After hanging out with my family for a bit we went over to the in-laws and had a big family dinner. Cody's family is so fun! Even for such a relaxed holiday, I think all the daddies in my family had a good day!




I am really blessed with the best dad in the whole world! He is the most genuinely nice guy, who would do anything for anyone. I love that my dad can strike up a conversation with anyone, and really be interested in what they have to say. He has worked so hard for my mom, brother, and me. I appreciate him so much. I love him so much and look up to him in so so many ways. Most importantly, he loves my baby so much, he is the sweetest grandpa ever! Camden is a lucky kid! All four of his grandparents ROCK!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment