Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer 2013

Wow, where do I even begin? I am so far behind I'm sure I've forgotten about everything we've done since my last update! I'll try to recap everything, without making this unbearably long and completely boring. Bear with me..

Miss Eisley turned one! Kayla threw a cute tea party themed first birthday party for Eisley. She even got all creative and made party hats! Eisley is lucky enough to have an almost summer birthday. It was such a perfect day for a party at the park (one of my all time favorite parks, I might add). Kayla decorated so well and the party turned out great! Eisley loved her cake and was much more impressive at attacking the cake than Camden was for his birthday! Happy Birthday baby girl, so glad we got to come celebrate with you!



For Memorial Day Weekend we got to spend some time at the cabin in Scofield, UT. with Cody's parents and his brother Chad and his wife Kaylee. It's such a fun and beautiful place! We had fun on the four wheelers roaming around the trails. Cody and I even got to go on a little getaway ride, just the two of us! It was so nice to go and cruise the dirt roads that surround the lake! Even Camden had some fun on the four wheelers. Cody took Cam on a ride around the cabin area and he loved it! This kid is all boy! One day the boys got to fishing and the girls stayed and relaxed and played games. I never get sick of board games and I'm lucky that neither does Cody's family! We are constantly gathered around the table playing games. Maybe one day I will learn to play Peanuckle... We had such a blast at the cabin. I'm excited for this tradition, I know it's one that Camden will love!



Krista came up for a visit and to make it to our friend Kenzie's wedding. It was so so so so much fun to have her here! Ugh, having a best friend live so far away is horrible! But when she comes we always have such a fun time! I love how we pick right back up from where we left off! We had a girls night out for Kayla's birthday, went to dinner, had a sleep over, and filled each other in on every detail possible. There is nothing like having a friend for over 15 years, someone who knows the real you, and someone you don't have to pretend when you're around. I'm lucky to have someone so awesome for a friend! I wish she could have stayed longer...or better yet, just move here. (cheesy moment over.)


I love the Forth of July! I love all holiday's but the Forth of July is always a fun one! BBQ's and playing outside, fireworks, and family. I can't think of anything better! We spent time with our families did all the usual summer activities! My cousins Taylor and Trevor were here from California, so we got to have some fun with them! Tara and Zack also came to visit over the Forth. We got to spend the day with them at Seven Peaks, a water park. It was a blast! Camden loved hanging out with his Aunt and Uncle and so did we! We love it when they are in town!



We were invited to go to Lake Powell this summer by my friend Kenzie! Lake Powell is amazing and I had been a few times with Kenzie's family back in high school! I always thought it was one of the best places ever! So when we were invited, there was no way I was passing it up! It didn't take much convincing, Cody heard the word "wakeboard" and he was in! Get that kid on a wakeboard and he's a happy camper! We spent the week with old friends and got to know some new ones! We wakeboarded, tubed, hiked, cliff jumped, and repelled! We had so much fun! It was such a great trip and I was so excited to share one of my favorite places of all time, to my favorite person of all time! Cody was thrilled, he loved everything about it! I loved how much fun I have with him, he always knows how to have a good time, and I think everyone appreciates that! Thank you to the Wilde family for hooking us up with the best vacation we've had in awhile!
Check out the video Cody made of our Lake Powell trip. 

This summer my Aunt and her little family moved here from California! Welcome to Utah Aunt Mollie! Camden now has another cousin close by! Although Thomas is older, Camden lights up when he sees his "Momas". Like any other eight year old, Thomas isn't as excited as Camden is to see him! But he is so nice to Camden. We are so excited to get to spend holidays and weekends with more family now that they are here!


My Uncle Brian and Aunt Juanita came for a visit at the beginning of August! Cross your fingers they get out here sooner than later, too. We had fun visiting with them! And Camden didn't mind being spoiled some more by someone else! We took them around Utah and showed them all that they are missing by living in Las Vegas. I think they liked it! Uncle B bought Camden a little motorcycle to match his and my dad's Harley's. Boy's and their toys..We visited Pineview Resivior while they were here. Camden had so much fun in the sand. He had sand everywhere! He loved it so much.. he even tried tasting it.. Crazy Kid.


We've been having loads of fun this summer. Cody didn't have a summer semester so we were able to spend lots of time together! We are not ready for him to start back in two weeks. The summer just flew by, four more semesters until he graduates... the end is in site...barely.

What else we've been up to:

Kenzie got married! 6/01/13


 Camden and Parker playing.

Picnics and feeding the ducks at the Barnes Park.

Swimming at the pool with friends.


Fireworks at the Salt Lake Bee's game.

Exploring the trains at The Union Station building.


Are you still awake? Ok good, I didn't put you to sleep! ;)
I love my crazy beautiful life.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment