Wednesday, September 26, 2012

6 Months Old

"This has been my favorite age so far."
I think I go around saying that no matter what age Camden is. As he growing and learning more and more, every stage is so exciting. Six months has just been so much fun! He is such a cute boy. This month he has learned a lot of new tricks, and I am still amazed at how fast they grow and learn.

Here are just a few things he has learned this month;
- Waving Hello and Goodbye.
- Holding his bottle all by himself.
- Sitting up in the bath, all by himself (baths are still one of his favorites).
- Blowing bubbles.
- Banging his hands on surfaces and toys together, making all kinds of noises.
- Pulling himself up using ledges.
- Getting in the crawling position, but can only scoot backwards.

It doesn't take much to make this boy smile and laugh.
We are dealing with a pretty happy boy on our hands. Cody and I are such proud parents. We feel so lucky that Camden is ours. 

Life has been going full speed here in the Wayment home. Cody is back in school, it's his last semester at SLCC. He is excited to start the Mechanical Engineering program at the University of Utah this spring semester.
 I have picked up more hours at the salon and am now working a whole twenty hours a week. Bringing in the bacon. :) Camden hangs out at Grammy's house while I am working. I feel blessed that I am able to have my mom watch Camden and not have to pay for daycare. He loves spending time with his grandparents, and I love knowing that he is in a safe place. At first being at work away from him was really hard, it would be ideal for me to stay home, but I am really beginning to think that it is a good thing for the both of us. My doctor says right around this age is when babies normally develop stranger anxiety, where they only want to be with their mom or dad. Hopefully spending some time apart will help him gain trust with other people besides just us.
We are planning on moving to a bigger apartment (right across the street) sometime next month. Cody isn't as excited as I am to move all of our stuff over from one place to the next. I am just thrilled to have a bit more storage space, since we have so little now. It's amazing how much junk can be accumulated over a year. I'm blaming Cam for most of it, he has more stuff than I know what to do with. I guess you could say he is spoiled! 

Yesterday Camden had his sixth month check-up. Which means SHOTS :(
Shots do not make for a happy baby. My poor little man has been miserable ever since. Everything at the doctors went well, and we learned that we can slowly start introducing solids. I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly. I'm not sure I can handle another trip to Primary Children's due to his allergy.  So, everyone, cross your fingers for him. 
Weight: 15 lbs. 8 oz. (10%)
Height: 26" (24%)
Head Circumference 16.5 (5%)


That's all for now. Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment